Washington, DC, January 08, 2018 –(PR.com)– MarketPlace Development, the concessions program manager at Washington Dulles International Airport and Ronald Reagan National Airport, and the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority are proud to announce their Concessions Excellence Award winners for 2017.
Awards were presented to Dulles International and Reagan National Airport retailers, quick-service food operators and restaurateurs at the fourth annual year-end merchant meeting held at Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center on December 6, 2017. The following awards were given:
Reagan National Airport
– Merchant of the Year | Grille District (Air Ventures, LLC)
– Best Retail Customer Service | TUMI (Tumi Stores, Inc.)
– Best Restaurant Customer Service | Legal Sea Foods (Legal Sea Foods, Inc.)
– Best Retail Merchandising Unit Customer Service | Uniquely DC (Morgan Group Ventures, Inc.)
– Best Newsstand Customer Service | Washingtonian (Paradies Lagardère/BZB International, Inc.)
– Best Food Customer Service | Magic Pan (Paradies Lagardère/BZB International, Inc.)
– Best Customer Service Score Increase | TUMI (Tumi Stores, Inc.)
– Best Overall Operations | El Centro D.F. (Grace Concessions, LLC)
Dulles International Airport
– Merchant of the Year | Dulles Gourmet Market – Terminal D (Division Enterprises, Inc./Food & Beverage Management, LLC)
– Best Retail Customer Service | Erwin Pearl (Erwin Pearl Retail, Inc.)
– Best Restaurant Customer Service | The Firkin & Fox (Fox Pubs USA, LLC)
– Best RMU Customer Service | Travel Tech (Travel Tech, LLC)
– Best Newsstand Customer Service | Hudson News (C4) (Hudson Group/Newburns Management Group, LLC/The Jarvis Company)
– Best Food Customer Service | Capitol Grounds Coffee (B72) (DNT MT, LLC)
– Best Customer Service Score Increase | Be Relax (B64) (Over Detroit, Inc.)
– Best Overall Operations | Pei Wei (Paradies Lagardère/BZB International, Inc.)
“We are proud to recognize the merchants that continue to set a high bar in creating an exceptional shopping and dining experience for travelers,” said Paul McGinn, president of MarketPlace Development. “The Annual Concessions Excellence Awards serve as an expression of gratitude and a celebration for all merchants at both Washington regional airports. The continued success we have seen year after year creates big excitement for 2018.”
“The Airports Authority congratulates each of this year’s winners for their exemplary customer service efforts,” said Deven Judd, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority director of customer concessions development. “We thank MarketPlace Development and each of our concessionaires for their continued work to advance the customer experience in each of world class shopping and dining options at Dulles International and Reagan National Airports.”
The Concessions Excellence Awards were created to reward merchants for outstanding performance in both operations and customer service. Merchants are eligible for award consideration on the basis of MarketPlace Development’s customer service mystery shopper program performance, participation in quarterly leadership seminars and analysis of operational performance.
About MarketPlace Development:
MarketPlace Development, a New England Development company, develops and manages airport retail programs across the country. A recognized industry leader for over 20 years, MarketPlace Development works in partnership with airports and airlines to enhance passenger satisfaction and maximize revenue. The Massachusetts-based company is responsible for the concessions programs at Boston Logan International Airport, Philadelphia International Airport, Reagan National Airport, and Dulles International Airport, and has also worked with numerous airports and airlines across the country. Visit www.marketplacedevelopment.com for more information.
About the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority:
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority operates Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport, the Dulles Airport Access Highway and the Dulles Toll Road and also manages construction of the Silver Line project, a 23-mile extension of the Washington region’s Metrorail public transit system through Fairfax County and into Loudoun County, Virginia. More than 45 million passengers a year pass through the two airports.
Contact via Email
Read the full story here: https://www.pr.com/press-release/740817
Press Release Distributed by PR.com