Year in Review
PLANO, TX, January 30, 2018 /24-7PressRelease/ — WorldVentures Foundation is proud to announce its end-of-year achievements, impacting the lives of more than 50,000 children around the globe with over 50,000 volunteer hours completed in 2017. The foundation, a nonprofit organization with a passion for making a difference in the lives of children around the world, also debuted “Volunteer Anthem” this year, written and performed by Megan Lucky Santos.
“2017 was a year of global giving for the foundation with community volunteering reaching a record number of hours. We are grateful for all the support, time and resources that our global community provides,” said Gwyneth Lloyd, executive director of the WorldVentures Foundation. “Thank you everyone for all that you do. You are making a difference every day in the lives of underserved children and their communities.”
Notable numbers at a glance:
– 51,679 volunteer hours served by 5,461 volunteers — that’s equal to nearly six years volunteered just in 2017!
– 114 bottle schools built (to date) in Guatemala with Hug It Forward — that’s more than 250 classrooms. Bottle schools are built using “eco-bricks,” plastic bottles stuffed with inorganic trash.
– 42 VolunTours in 12 countries — VolunTours are professionally planned and guided trips where volunteers spend time beautifying communities, building infrastructure and brightening the lives of local children.
– 52 Dream Courts opened (to date) across the United States — Dream Courts, a collaboration between Nancy Lieberman Charities, WorldVentures Foundation and Sport Court, are multipurpose courts where children in underserved communities can play sports.
– 51,307 children positively impacted around the world — thanks to the extraordinary efforts of selfless volunteers.
– 87 Volunteer Days held — with 27 in Asia, the most in any region. Volunteer Days provide an opportunity to give back to local communities during a single day of service at outreach facilities internationally. Volunteer Days were held for the first time this year in Uganda, Malta, Cambodia, the Czech Republic, Estonia and Thailand.
About WorldVentures Foundation
WorldVentures Foundation is a U.S. 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to create positive change in the lives of children all over the world. The foundation supports sustainable programs that promote children’s health, happiness, safety and development. Represented by the Heart to Serve logo and tagline, the foundation’s mission is accomplished through four main ways: VolunTours, Volunteer Days, Dream Courts and fundraising. Learn more at worldventuresfoundation.org.
About Hug It Forward
Hug It Forward is a grass-roots organization that facilitates education and awareness by empowering communities to build bottle schools. Bottle schools are schools built using “eco-bricks,” plastic bottles stuffed with inorganic trash. Entire communities come together to build more sustainable educational infrastructure for their future. Learn more at hugitforward.org.
WorldVentures Media Contact
Senior Director, Corporate Affairs
WorldVentures Holdings, LLC
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here